Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Day 2 of the 30 Days of Thanks Challenge

Today I am thankful for my daughter. She's beautiful, smart, hilarious, and keeps me on my toes. She surprises me each and every day with new words, new tricks, and the unconditional love that you can only get from a child.

I live for each day that I can hear her giggle, see her smile, and watch her mind explode with ideas. I'm thankful that I can be there to witness all of that. It's amazing how each day that passes she gets bigger and you don't really notice until you take a step back. My almost 2 year old is no longer a baby and while my heart weeps for the loss it swells with the joy of watching her thrive.

We started fertility testing the cycle we conceived her. I'm thankful that I overcome that and I'm thankful I didn't have to experience a loss before being blessed with such a beautiful gift. I'm thankful that her pregnancy was near perfect and that labor was even better. It gave me strength. I am thankful that I get to be her mother.

0 comments:

Post a Comment