Friday, November 18, 2011

Day 18 of the 30 Days of Thanks Challenge

Today I am thankful for my engagement ring. This beautiful piece of jewelry was hand picked by my husband (okay, I DID give input.... okay, I picked it out!). I think it's gorgeous. When I look at it, it brightens my heart and not once have I ever thought, "Oh when I get to X anniversary, I cannot wait to 'trade up!'" No, this ring is perfect and I pray I can hold on to it forever.

It reminds me that my husband loves me, that he will do and sacrifice ANYTHING for me. We're not rich people, so the fact that he bought me this ring, well, it says a lot. This will always be my favorite piece of jewelry and maybe, one day, when I'm very old, I'll pass the ring down to my daughter.

I'm thankful that we were able to buy it. I'm thankful that I get to look at it every day and I'm thankful that it brings me so much joy.

1 comment: