Thursday, November 17, 2011

Day 17 of the 30 Days of Thanks Challenge

Today I am thankful for the Harry potter series. My BFF told me I had to read them after she had finished the first three. I picked it up and have been hooked ever since. I have read Goblet of Fire so many times that the binding is worn through and the pages are coming loose. I'm thankful that we,as a generation, had the experience of anticipation as each of the books came out. We got to go to midnight releases and we got to celebrate literature, how cool is that?

Harry Potter has been such a big part of my life since I first opened the books in 2002. I really just enjoy them. I'm also thankful that the directors and JK Rowling partnered together for the making of the movies. I think they were well done. I'm also thankful for the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. It was so amazing to actually stand there on the street, see Hogworts, and just take it all in.

I got to be part of a series that changed children and young adult fiction. I am thankful for that!

0 comments:

Post a Comment