Sunday, February 6, 2011

Frustrated with my provider

My doctor's appointment on Friday did not go as well as planned. Of course, my appointment was at 3:15 on a Friday afternoon. Surely, what could I expect coming in so late? I mean, don't I know they've been working all day and that they are ready for the weekend?

I felt rushed. I hate feeling rushed. I want my concerns to be taken seriously. I know that the weekend is a blink away. But I'm paying you and I have concerns, so please, please, just listen.

My concerns about TMJ got completely blown off. Because that's "dental." Umm, I know it's dental, but it's also medical, it's one of those things that fall into that grey area. I also mentioned other joint pains that I'm having because, I'm thinking, that maybe it's all connected. Connected by, I don't know, arthritis? Simple blood test really. Doesn't matter though, it wasn't offered, suggested, or mentioned.

I told her about the problems I've been having with my knee. The fact that I was just standing. JUST STANDING, as in, not moving, and my knee popped out of place. I heard the click, I almost fell, and now it's been hurting for a month. I can't use my left leg to get up. I can't crawl on the floor with my daughter, hell, I can't put any weight on it at all. What does she tell me, oh put some ice on it. And wear a brace. Really? You don't think I did more damage than that?

Asked me how I'm doing on the wellbutrin. I said, find. I'm not taking the xanax. Okay, that's good. It's a situational medication anyways. I'll go ahead and send in the script, see you back in 2 months.

Okay, but what about this migraine that I've had for 6 days? I explain my history with them, my triggers, and I mention again, that this one is triggered by the CONSTANT jaw pain I'm experiencing. She prescribes me treximet. Apparently it also has an anti-inflammatory, which will help with my jaw *eye roll.*

As I leave, I ask her if there is anything I could do for my joints, because they all hurt. They are stiff when I wake up. Did I mention that they hurt??? She tells me that the prescription for my migraines will help with that. I told her that I couldn't take that every day. "Well, no, but take an inflammatory." Ugg, okay, thanks.

I'm so frustrated. I just need a physician who wants to help make me feel better. Sure I know my weight has something to do with my joints. I know this. I'm working on it. But, damn it, at least be willing to help me.

So all in all, I'm no better off than where i was before that appointment.

Next step, I'm calling an oral surgeon who is covered both by my health care and my dental. Maybe through them, I can get somewhere. I just hope they are experienced with TMJ.

0 comments:

Post a Comment