Tuesday, August 16, 2011

CD 14 appointment, ultrasound, and lab results

Appointment for my annual went fine! Doctor was in a much better mood. I told him about my aunt and grandmother having breast cancer, he told me that there isn't much to do right now, but to ask if they have both been tested for the bracka gene(?). He said if they were both negative then my chance is n higher than anybody else. I'm going to call my mom tonight and ask.

The ultrasound revealed a "juicy" follicle on my right side I'm not sure on size, I was too excited and forgot to ask, much better than last cycle where I had nothing on cd 15. I'm glad things look better this cycle.

I also got my lab results back. Everything tested was in normal range. I was concerned about the LH to fsh ratio, but I think the LH has to be elevated and not the fsh. If I could get opinions on it all, I'd be appreciative

TSH - 1.910 (normal 0.45 - 4.50)
T4, Free - 1.07 (normal 0.82- 1.77)

LH - 2.6 (2.4 - 12.6)
FSH - 6.0 (3.5 - 12.5)

Testosterone - 46 (8-48) *this is elevated, anything I can do?
Free Testosterone - 2 (0-2.2) * also elevated

Prolactin - 7.9 (4.8 - 23.3)

Estradiol - 24.7 (12.5 - 166)

Progesterone - 0.6 (0.2 - 1.5)

I think everything looks okay, though I'm concerned about the high testosterone. I am very concerned about PCOS. I read that FSH at 6 is good, not great, but is that high for my age? I'm 27.

Any input on these results would be appreciated especially with personal experiences and lab results.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

0 comments:

Post a Comment