Friday, November 25, 2011

Day 25 of the 30 Days of Thanks Challenge

Today I am thankful for Black Friday. Not in the sense that most will think. I don't go out for the sales, I don't shop, I avoid stores at all costs. But what I am thankful for, is the day off. I get to spend the day with my daughter as my husband sleeps off his work hangover. We will put up the tree, watch Christmas movies, make cookies, and truly embrace the holiday season. I'm thankful that I can do this and that I get the day off, paid.

I love putting up the tree, fluffing the branches, and finding the right home for each and every ornament. We will save the tree topper, a beautiful angel dressed in white, until my husband gets up and we will put it on together. We'll dim the lights and plug it in, and take it all in. I will probably make hot chocolate tonight, maybe I'll get a bit of peppermint to put in it. I could buy some egg nog and we'll nibble on some of the first cookies or fudge of the season. I am thankful for this day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment