Monday, November 28, 2011

Day 28 of the 30 Days of Thanks Challenge

Today I am thankful for chocolate, diet soda, and that my dog is still alive. That is all.

Today has been horrible after following a horrible weekend. My dear doggie decided to eat 6 oz of toffee milk chocolate. You know the ones that look like an orange. He ate the entire thing. Well, minus one piece. We're not sure at what time exactly he ate it, but when we saw it, he was already vomiting everywhere. I mean everywhere. It was soupy chunky chocolate vomit and it was disgusting. Thank goodness for my husband. He cleaned it all up.

Now at 6 oz, that is NEAR toxicity levels for the size of my dog. He wasn't showing any other signs of poisoning so we waited it out. I slept on the couch in the living room after being up most of the night so I can hear him if he started seizing or vomiting again. Luckily he stopped and I was able to get some water him and I gave him some bread to help fill his stomach if he was hungry. The night was uneventful and I woke up to all the bread being eaten. We're still keeping a close eye on him but it looks like he's okay.

Last night A decided to have a scream fest and was up until past 1 am. I'm exhausted and I was late for work today. I couldn't stop for coffee AND I hit every single red light on the way to work. Every single one!

So today, I'm going to enjoy my Twix and drink my Pepsi max and be thankful that I have these. I have a migraine brewing and I'm hoping the extra dosages of caffeine will help.


Post a Comment