Saturday, November 5, 2011

Day 5 of the 30 Days of Thanks Challenge

Today, I am thankful for my mother. We're so much a like. In both looks and personalities. She in fact, drives me crazy, but there is not another person I would want by my side in the biggest moments of my life. She has the biggest heart. She's welcomes anybody into her home, she provides them with food and shelter. My mom picks up stray people and helps them get on her feet when she herself, is struggling. She is so generous.

I think she's the only one that knows how to get through to me when I'm freaking out, completly overwhelmed, and just loosing my shit. My husband really should take some pointers from her! She knows exactly what to do.

My mom is also the perfect grandmother. She doesn't have a lot of money to come travel down to see us, she can't buy Addison toys or gifts, but she makes up for that with LOVE. My mom always calls and asks to talk to her. She is pretty much talking to air since Addison doesn't respond or she just screams, but she does it anyways. She always, ALWAYS makes time to see her when we come up and I mean ALWAYS. I love this about her and the smile that we see on Addison's face when she spots her grandmother lets me know that she knows this too.

If I could only be half the woman my mom is, I'd be thankful.

0 comments:

Post a Comment