Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Day 9 of the 30 Days of Thanks Challenge

Today I am thankful for all forms of transportation. With out it I wouldn't be able to travel and see my family and It could take days to get to the doctor. I love being able to hop in my car and quickly go to the store to pick up the one thing I forgot (and it's always an unsubstitutable, key, item!) I'm thankful for the plane that brought my Grandmother to us, the car that allowed my cousins and aunt to come down.

I use a car every single day. I've taken multiple plane rides across the country and even the world. Trains have allowed me to get to my parents house when I was one car family and my husband had to work. They have also brought my mom down to me multiple times. The most recent one was a same day trip down when I miscarried.


Today I am on my way up to my friend Rae's house. It is an 11.5 hour drive. Through multiple big cities and a huge stretch of major interstate. I am thankful that I can make that trip in less than a day. It will be a LONG day, but isn't it amazing that we can do this in ONE DAY! This trip is about 660 miles. Could you imagine doing that on a horse? Or even on FOOT?

It's the little things we do that seem not so big a deal, that really make the difference in our life. I am thankful for those little things.


0 comments:

Post a Comment